Can I restore Ledger Live to a new computer?
6. February 2020
You can easily install Ledger Live on a new computer and link your old hardware wallet again. Ledger Live is just the interface for managing cryptocurrencies All necessary keys are on the hardware wallet itself.
Ledger Nano X
- secure, buy, trade and grow your cryptocurrencies and manage NFTs all in one place with this bluetooth enabled hardware wallet
- offers state-of-the-art security due to the certified security element, which is also used in highly secure products such as credit cards and passports
- Supports over 5500+ cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP (go to full list)
- with Bluetooth, which enables mobile use via a smartphone in addition to use on a PC
- safe and free shipping directly from the manufacturer for 119,00 € (click here to check the current price)
Ledger Nano S
- first and only independently certified hardware wallet on the market for the protection of crypto currencies
- supports over 1100 crypto currencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP
- the most popular hardware wallet on the market: already sold over 1.5 million times
- offers state-of-the-art security through a security chip of the same type as used in passports
- order safe and without shipping fee directly from the manufacturer for 59,00 €
Hi, My Ledger Live has recently been updated to 2.31.1 and my iMac to OS Mojave. Since then, I can not go back to Ledger Live, it always tell me that I do not have the permission to open it and that I should contact my administrator. What can I do to retrieve Ledger Live ? I have a Ledger nano S
Hi, how do you do that link? when downloading Ledger Live in new computer I’m presented with the options of Get started with your Ledger device 1)set a new device 2) restore device 3)skip device 4)Dont’ have a ledger?
Not sure what’s the correct one to link your old hardware wallet again
Maggie: I have the exact question… what is the correct choice?
I just had this issue too. When you open up ledger live choose to “skip device setup”. Then when you get on, you can connect your hardware wallet to your computer and sync the accounts. It’s scary lol, I synced the account with the smallest balance first just to check it works and its all good, have synced them all back up again now.
Hi Maggie, can you explain how you went through the process of connecting your old wallet to a new computer? I need help!